Institution’s Innovation CouncilJanuary 9, 2024 2024-01-09 10:06
Institution’s Innovation Council
Home | Institution’s Innovation Council
INSTITUTION’S INNOVATION COUNCIL (IIC)
CAYMET’s Siddhant College of Pharmacy, Pune established Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) to promote innovation-based ecosystem on the campus. IIC encourages creativity of students and faculties by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes. IIC also conducts various brainstorming sessions and national-level competitions to create a vibrant environment of start-up and entrepreneurship. An important trend is that educational institutions in India are beginning to play a vital role in developing entrepreneurial competencies and include entrepreneurship as a core course in technical and business education. A greater emphasis has been laid in recent years on benefits of entrepreneurial focused education at universities, instilling confidence in students to turn ideas into reality. ICP-IIC aims to boost the entire innovation value chain by amalgamating the knowledge and enriching experience from the researchers, academic and research institutes, start-ups and industry to foster an innovation culture at the institutional level ecosystem.
- To create a vibrant innovation ecosystem.
- Establish an ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubator for ideas.
- Develop better cognitive abilities amongst students.
- To extrapolate the student’s projects to achieve national sustainable goals and thus to inculcate social responsive behaviours among students.
- To provide a platform for entrepreneurship development and encourage the students to choose entrepreneurship as their careers.
- To motivate and support student’s ideas for developing a viable product, service, or platform.
- Constitution of ICP Institution’s Innovation Council
SCOP’s Innovation Council’s composition, in line with AICTE-MHRD recommendations, is proposed to be as follows:
Name of Member
Member Type (Teaching/ Nonteaching /Student/External Expert)
Key Role/ Position assigned in IIC
Dr. Rahul K.Dumbre
Dr.Swati N. Deshmukh
Mr Vikas Kandekar
Start-Up activity co-ordinator
Innovation Activity co-ordinator
Ms. Vanita Gade
IPR activity co-ordinator
Internship Activity co-ordinator
Social Media co-ordinator
FUNCTIONS OF IIC
The functions of IIC will be:
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by MIC in a time-bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops, seminars and interactions with entrepreneurs, investors and professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create SCOP’s innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by the Institution’s faculty members and students.
- Organize Hackathons, Idea Competitions, Mini challenges, etc. with the involvement of industrial partners.